The Innovation Technician (R&D department) works in the Innovation Team and reports to the Innovation Manager. She deals with Purchasing department to manage new raw material homologation related to compounds based on polyolefins and engineering polymers. She manages the homologation process working with the innovation and development team and eventually dealing with production and regulatory office.
- Raw material homologations for Sirmax polyolefins and engineering compounds.
- Raw materials management, testing and approving.
- Raw material specifications definition.
- Specialist for laboratory analysis.
- Cooperate with Purchasing and Regulatory Offices.
- Master degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry
- At least 3 years of experience in research & development in plastic materials.
- Good English language skills, both writing and speaking
- Excellent knowledge of Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAP and CRM (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of polymers and polymers processing particularly considering PP and it composites
- Consolidated experience on polymer testing, additives for polymers stabilization and compounding process through twin-screw extrusion
- Knowledge of the most common instruments used for polymers characterization: analytical tests (IR, DSC, DMA, …) and mechanical tests.
- Basics of polymer molding: injection molding, extrusion, blow molding
- Knowledge of most common ISO norms related to polymer characterization
Characteristics of the candidate:
- Teamworking. Ability to establish effective working relationships within department & cross-functional teams
- Curiosity and precision
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines while accomplishing team objectives.
- Problem solving